CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Enemies of the Heart" By Andy Stanley

I was really excited to read this book. I thought that from reading the little blurb that came with the book it would really help me. Overall this book did, although I do have a few complaints about it.

To start out with, Mr. Stanley talks about how we have to change our heart and gives an overview in the first few chapters that make up part one. He starts out in these chapters by touching on the four topics that damage your heart which are, guilt, anger, greed, and jealousy. Part two of the book goes into these four topics in depth and part three of this book is where the author talks about how to combat these four emotions and cleaning and healing your heart. The last part, four, talks about how modeling these good heart cleaning behaviors, you will set your children up for success in these very topics.

I got so much out of this book. The author takes a down to earth approach in this book. This isn't a psychological textbook, this is just a book to start you on the path to healing and letting go of the things that you are holding onto that you don't need to. Some of these things were common sense but I felt that they still needed to be said and lots of people (including myself) need to learn them.

The complaints about the book that I had were, some of the chapters seemed to drag on a little long. I felt that some of the chapters would have benefited from having things cut and being combined with other chapters. Also, I really felt that more of an emphasis should have been put on God and Jesus. God is the only one that can give us what it takes for us to change into better people and more of an emphasis on this would have been nice.

Overall though, this was a fantastic book and I recommend it to everyone. Everyone is holding on to things that should be let go and will improve their lives once they are let go.

I received this book for free from Waterbrook Multnomah publishers in exchange for a review. All thoughts contained in this review are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment