CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"Behind the Veils of Yemen" by Audra Grace Shelby

This was a fantastic book. I seriously couldn't put it down and read it all in one night. I was caught up completely in the authors story.

This book is about Audra Shelby and her family who move to Yemen as missionaries. It's about their struggles to get there, Audra's own crisis of faith when she is confronted with the faith of the Muslim women she is around. It also tells in detail the almost absolute separation between men and women in Yemen. Audra talks about attending a wedding and the bride wasn't even able to be at the ceremony.

This is such a foreign world to anything that I have ever known. This book was so well written in my opinion that at times I felt like I was there with the author in that foreign world. There were so many instances of the author's faith coming into play during this book that I was awed. It's amazing to see God carrying someone so completely and to not only see that but to see the person realize that God is carrying them is awe inspiring.

I loved this book and I would recommend it.

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House publishers for free in exchange for a review. I was not required to give a positive review and all thoughts in this review are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment