CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"The Whole Bible Story" by Dr. William H. Marty

When I had the chance to review this book I knew I wanted it. I have trouble reading the Bible sometimes and I thought that this would give me a chance to learn some things that I might have missed in reading the Bible.

I was right. This is a fantastic book. Everything in the book is laid out in a way that is easy for me to understand. There were stories that I finally 'got' even after reading them over and over in the Bible since childhood. I will be keeping this book to read again and again along with my reading of the Bible to hopefully pick up more about what I am reading.

The author, Dr. William Marty, makes sure to tell the reader in the introduction in the book that this book does leave some things out and things are not in the order they are in the Bible because it's put into chronological order. He also states that this book is not supposed to replace your Bible reading. This is merely a supplement to your regular Bible reading.

I think this would be a great place to start for a new adult Christian. This book could really be a great starting point for someone to understand the Bible. I highly recommend it!

I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my review. I was not required to give a positive review and all thoughts contained in this review are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment