CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Stained Glass Hearts" by Patsy Clairmont

I love Patsy. I think that she in a phenomenal writer and just an all around great lady. I've read some of her books before and I love the quick wit that shines through her writing. With that being said, I was suprised at the tone of this book when I started reading. This book is deeper and more heartfelt than the books I've read from her in the past.

This book is drawn around a central theme of how people's hearts are like stained glass. And how God is the great redeemer. Every chapter has a theme like poetry, nature, books, music and so on. I loved the themes. It made me understand even more that God really is everywhere. The beauty of this world and human creations are really astounding.

At the end of every chapter there is a section called the Art Gallery. This is full of music, scripture, quotes, paintings and museums. I learned so much from these sections. I discovered music that I had never heard. I learned about paintings that I have never come across and might never have if not for this book.

Overall, this was a fantastic book. I think Patsy really outdid herself this time. Because of the deeper content of this book I felt like I really got to know her. Some of her struggles are struggles that I've gone through so I really felt a connection to her.

I got this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers through their Booksneeze program. I received a copy for free and was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts in this review are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment