CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Bad Girls of the Bible" by Liz Curtis Higgs

I must say that I loved this book. I learned so much from this book. Not only about the Bible, but also about myself and my bad girl ways.

This book is divided into ten chapters. One chapter for each woman. The women in this book are, Eve, Potiphar's Wife, Lot's Wife, The Woman at the Well, Delilah, Sapphira, Rahab, Jezebel, Michal, and The Sinful Woman. The women are divided into categories. They are Bad to the Bone, Bad for a Moment, and Bad for a Season, but not Forever. Then Eve has her own category because she's the first ever bad girl. There were also study questions at the end of each chapter that could be used for groups or individual learning.

I loved the concept of this book. Sometimes for me, it's hard to connect with the wonderful godly women that you see in Ruth, Esther, the Proverbs 31 woman and more. I have a past that's not pretty, lovely, or godly. But knowing that these bad girls have some of the same traits that I did and still do have, makes me realize that I don't have to be perfect for God to love me or use my life for His will. He will meet me where and I and lift me up to go beyond what I ever thought I could be.

I loved the authors writing style. It was engaging, funny, witty and I never got bored with this book. I really think this is a must read for all women. I think that most of us can relate in some way to these bad girls. Most of us are probably not bad to the bone, but, it's a rare woman that is never bad for a season. This will be a book that I will keep and reread when I feel low and need to remember that there are women that came before me that were also bad girls and didn't think that God could love them and saw their lives redeemed.

I received this book from Waterbrook through their Blogging for Book program. I received a copy for free and was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts contained in this review are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment